Thursday, December 5, 2013

Nutcracker Advent Day 5

I have another nutcracker-decorated tin today, but this one I have strong memories about how I got it.

You see, this was back in the days of the nutcracker famine, and we had to hunt high and low for anything nutcracker-themed.

This particular tin had chocolate nutcrackers in it. Milk chocolate.

And I was allergic to milk. (Still am, by the way, but it was much worse back then.) And since I have a mother who loves chocolate, she ate them. Talk about a traumatic event in one's childhood!

She claims that she got me a bag of life savers to make up for my loss, but I don't remember them. I think she's just trying to salve her conscious over the fact that she stole candy from her daughter. (Let's not talk about the fact that I don't even like chocolate. I'm conveniently forgetting that.)

What's in it now? Well, it's not candy, and it's not baby clothes, but a tiny bag with a ladybug on it and tongue twisters inside. Fun.

4 comments:

  1. Not being able to eat chocolate is cruel and unusual punishment.

    I'm going to look over the board today and let you know what I think of the ideas. I will begin writing again too, after finals and my book is out. If I add more to my pile right now I will have a break down and scream. Or...run away to Peru. Actually, still kind of debating where to run away too, which is why I hadn't done it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No - you didn't get a BAG of life savers. You got a BOOK of lifesavers. Fruit flavored. And YOU picked it out. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the giraffe background. Has that been there for the rest of the pictures? *goes to check*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, poor Kendra! Your mother stole your candy! Never mind that you probably wouldn't have eaten it if she hadn't--it's the principle of the thing, wot? ;-)

    Funny you should post about chocolate nutcrackers today--this afternoon, I saw a Snickers nutcracker and thought of you. I forgot you don't like chocolate, though. :-P

    God bless,
    ~"Tom Wild Rose"~

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Now that you've read my post, hast thou any opinions that thou wouldst like to share? I'd love to hear them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...