Monday, December 23, 2013

Nutcracker Advent Day 23

After showing you my tiniest nutcracker yesterday, I'm now going to show you the biggest one. That isn't a plastic wall hanger.

Actually, she isn't a nutcracker, she's Marie (which is her name in the book, and I like to differentiate her from the others), and while that cloth part on her chest does open and close, it doesn't have the same effect as the manly ones.

That aside, she's a lovely lady, and she does carry a real nutcracker, and she will probably make her a part of The Nutcracker's Son, if I ever get around to writing that interesting story.

I got Marie for my thirteenth birthday, which is something I remember quite clearly. I had a surprise party, you see ... and I had no idea about it until about five seconds after they yelled surprise. Best birthday ever. (And do not get me started, because I can talk about this party all day long)

She was a gift from my Gma and Gpa, and I distinctly remember wondering what that huge tube on the table might be. It looked too short to be golf clubs again ...

1 comment:

  1. Female nutcrackers are always interesting, being something of a novelty. Miss Marie certainly looks well-made, and very festive in green and red.

    Seeing your collection has made me appreciate our own Nutcracker and Friends....

    God bless, and Merry Christmas, m'dear!
    ~"Tom Wild Rose"~

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Now that you've read my post, hast thou any opinions that thou wouldst like to share? I'd love to hear them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...