Saturday, December 14, 2013

Nutcracker Advent Day 14

 Several years ago, as it was nearing Christmas time, I walked into my Grammy and Papa's bedroom and saw, on a shelf, the handsomest nutcracker I had ever seen. Sure, there was a huge crack across his face, but that only added to his charm (and upped his chances of coming to life).

Immediately I began suggesting that I would like to add it to my collection. Perhaps these suggestions bordered into the realm of begging, but I'd like to think that I was, at all times, completely civil about the whole affair.

But no matter how hard I persuaded, Grammy seemed adamant that I would never come to own that beautiful, beautiful nutcracker.

Imagine my joy and delight when, come Christmas, I opened one of Grammy's presents to find him inside! My persuasion had worked!

Though in hindsight, I suspect that it had been bought for me to begin with. Grammy was just trying to lead me astray.

I think he came after the great battle, though if he didn't, his huge candy cane was probably his weapon.

And he's one of my few nutcrackers who has a lady-love that's neither me nor an official Clara. Hanging on his arm at all times is my china doll, Ulrica. (Who is, by the way, the Queen of Germany, but that's a story for another day.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Now that you've read my post, hast thou any opinions that thou wouldst like to share? I'd love to hear them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...