Wednesday, November 6, 2013

NaNo Update!!!

My goal this NaNo has been to write at least 2,000 a day. Not necessarily because I want an amazing word count, but more because I want to reach 50,000 early. And if I get a high word count, that's fine with me.

I haven't always reached that goal, but since I hit 11,300 yesterday, I'd say it averages out. I also finished chapter 1 yesterday, coincidentally.

And no, that's not as bad as it sounds, since I didn't start chapter 1 until I was about 7,000 in. Yes, there's a very, very long introduction.

I've also been drinking a lot of tea. I know that I've said that I don't care much for the stuff, but I've learned that if its hot and strong and has enough stevia (a natural, non-sugar sweetener that's actually healthy), I can stand it. And its cheaper than hot chocolate, so I've been drinking it.

And since I'm in a good mood, and can't think of anything else to write, I'm going to share a few short snippets. And because the only character whose name I've revealed is John, and I don't want to reveal anyone else's names yet, I've abreiviated the rest. So if you see J, it's someone else.

Via Pinterest
42 Elm Street was an abandoned house that had reached the state of disrepair to which the superstitious gave “haunted.” Of course, S L and her twin brother, S H, were not superstitious by any means, but still. There were spiders and mice, and they were enough to give one the creeps.

   “So one of us'll be the dead computer.”

   “Ah, take your seats – girls on the left, boys on the right. S L, S H, you two sit down in the center there, I'm sure you don't mind – my, how I love twins.”
   “You do have a pair in every book of yours we've read,” S L observed.
   “She only has one book without one,” offered B.
   The author looked up, peering over her glasses. “There is a twin in that book – the villain, you just haven't met the sister yet.”

   In our day and age, competition among authors has grown fierce. Either you must know just the right person, be willing to sell your soul… or settle for eternal ignominy.

  “Wait… you have cats!”
  “Yep. Ten of 'em.”
   “But… I have asthma! I'm allergic to cats!” 

   “This isn't supposed to be a very complicated mission, but this is a book after all, and that means that things won't be as they appear, and there'll be lots of danger and…”
   “Captain,” J interrupted.
   “Yes?” he said, turning to his first officer. “Have they arrived?”
   “Not quite yet,” she replied with a small smile and shake of her head. “But we're not supposed to know this is a book.”

   “The computer's her brother.”

    “I don't want to be a princess.”
    “Ah, but you're perfect for the part! You see, this isn't just any sort of princess – no she's a rebellious princess!"

And that's all the snippets I feel like sharing. Maybe I'll be back next week with more, but for now ... that's all folks.

Oh, and a heads up. Once I finish chapter three, I'll post a sort of treasure hunt here on my blog, and the winner will get to read the introduction and said three chapters. (And possibly find out what the true title is.)

2 comments:

  1. QUOTE: “So one of us'll be the dead computer.”

    LOL!

    Best wishes on your writing goal!
    God bless,
    ~"Tom Wild Rose"~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm kinda partial to that line. That's why I posted it. It's even funnier in context!

      Delete

Hi! Now that you've read my post, hast thou any opinions that thou wouldst like to share? I'd love to hear them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...