Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Character Encounter - October 2013

It seems only yesterday that I was contemplating doing up a link-up to help other authors develop their characters and (cough, cough) attract readers to my blog. Yes folks, shameless advertisement! I finally decided on Character Encounters, but kept forgetting to set up my first post. 

At last, on the second of October, I wrote up a post, found a linky, and posted it, telling everyone to meet their character at the library. Besides myself, three people joined. I was quite pleased with the results, so I did it again the next month. Only one other person took part, but I was competing with NaNo, so I guessed that it was too much to hope for to get anyone else to participate. I had a good turnout in December and so on and so forth.

And now it's October again! A month away from NaNo. I know what I'm writing - do you?

Anyways ... 

Where shall we encounter our lovely (and not so lovely) characters this month?


The Kitchen

To my knowledge all of you live in houses with kitchens ... if you don't, well maybe you're at a friend's or your parent's house. 

So, just be in a kitchen, either cooking or being awkward - maybe fetching something forgotten ... whatever. Just have fun.




1 comment:

  1. Oh NO! I forgot to post last month's! That keeps happening... Although with last month's I'm not really sure if it counts as a CE because my character kind of hijacked the story.
    By the way... I liked the restrictions you put on last month's - where you had to meet two characters but they couldn't be main. It makes it more challenging, and made me think - who can I do?

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Now that you've read my post, hast thou any opinions that thou wouldst like to share? I'd love to hear them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...