Saturday, June 8, 2013

Tags and other such trivial nonsense


Some of ya'll who are friends with me on Facebook (or follow my Facebook page) might have seen this picture on Thursday. Yep, that's me with the proof copy of Do You Take This Quest?! Isn't it gorgeous? I'm now going through and doing a final spit and polish before I release it. The most noticeable mistake was the fact that, while Sew, has cream pages, I forgot to Take off of white. Not a big problem though, and easily repaired.

Ah, the feeling of seeing your book in book format. I must confess, I have trouble thinking of my books as being books until I get my hands on one of my CreateSpace copies. (Unfortunately, my pocketbook doesn't allow me to order as many as I would like. I actually don't have a copy of Sew's new cover, and I don't have a copy of Saffron at all!)

Anyways ...

This June I've decided to take part in something called the June Crusade, which his hosted by Anne-Girl. (See my sidebar for a link.) Basically we each got to be paired up with someone else, and then we swapped novels and we each get to critique the other's. (Did that make sense ...)

I got paired up with Eowyn, who blogs over at Inklings Press. I must admit, I have enjoyed my initial read-through of her novel. Now to pull out the red pen (or the comment feature on my Kindle) and start marking it up!

And on that note ... Anne-Girl, as part of the Crusade, has issued a tag for us to do. One where our characters answer questions about us. Fun, eh? My little sis wants me to to do Joan, a minor character in Take, (who will be more important in Kingdom ... and then practically disappear) but I think I'll do Jen, Derek, and Megan instead. Give them a chance to talk for themselves. Of course, since they don't know they're characters (and I would much rather not enlighten Derek to the fact) I've changed the wording of the questions a slight bit. Original questions can be found here.

Jen will talk like this.
Megan will talk like this.
Derek will talk like this.

Describe Kendra in one word. 

Weird. Derek! She's no weirder than Jen! Jen is weird. Weird is part of the job description of author. And actually, Megan, Kendra can be weirder than I can. I agree with you there.

If Kendra had a theme song what would it be?

Oh, that's easy. "Joyful, Joyful We Adore Thee!" People at church certainly associate it with her. Yes, they do. It's because when she got her fist lap harp, that was the only Christian song she could play very well. She now can play quite a few more. But I wouldn't quite call it her THEME song. How about "Supercalifragelistic ..." whatever that word is. That'll do.

If you could pick an actor to play Kendra who would it be?

How about a monkey? Derek! Anne-Girl wants us to pick a human actress. Well, then, you're the one who knows about the actors. You pick. I heard Kendra say once that if someone did a movie about her life, she'd want to play herself. She would, wouldn't she. But we're supposed to pick an actress ... I was skimming though pictures the other day and saw a woman who looks a bit like Kendra, but I don't remember her name ... Why don't we just skip this question.

What are Kendra's strengths?

Plot twists and conversation. Her humor. She can be SO funny! She can type very fast.

Weaknesses?

"Getting around to things" Yes, and focusing. She's very much a scatterbrain.

What type of laugh does he or she have?

It starts with air being blown out of either her nose or mouth, and then she adds a "hm hm hm" or "heh heh heh" at the end. 

Any strange hobbies?

Writing. Derek! That and collecting nutcrackers. The girl is convinced that one is going to come to life someday and marry her.

What was the weirdest thing she did for his/her writing?

She picked up a pencil. DEREK!! Okay ... how about the time she dressed up in a jacket and pants and traipsed around in the woods in the middle of summer, swinging a stick around like a crazy person just so that she could get a good cover art for her book.

If you could make him/her do one thing differently what would it be?

I would make her focus on one project at a time so that she can actually make progress. I'd make her get a life.

What is your favorite thing about his/her writing?

The way she can become her characters. Oh, yes, that is pretty cool, isn't it. I merely bring my characters to life and interact with them, Kendra can become them - and they not even know she exists. She says most know, though. I like it when she's so involved in a project, she stops talking to people.


Okay ... that was interesting! 


3 comments:

  1. QUOTE: "That and collecting nutcrackers. The girl is convinced that one is going to come to life someday and marry her."

    Priceless! Thanks for the chuckle.
    God bless,
    ~"Wild Rose"~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to be of amusement. That's why I let Derek mention my Nutcracker collection.

      Delete
  2. xD Derek seems like quite a character.

    I've only ever read two of Jane Austin's novels as well.... P+P and S+S. S+S is really good.

    Also, I sent all my editors another email. Just lettin' ya know in case you didn't see it. =)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Now that you've read my post, hast thou any opinions that thou wouldst like to share? I'd love to hear them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...