Friday, March 4, 2011

Green Eyes chapter 2

Cynth blinked. "Why not?" she asked.

"You'll see," said the voice, "Walk this way, and I will show you."

"No," said Cynth, "My mother said that I'm not to talk to strangers."

"I'm no stranger to you, Cynth," said the voice, "Or, at least, I shouldn't be. You don't belong here, you never have, and you never will. You yourself have often expressed similar, have you not? Moments ago, you were saying that you wished you knew why your eyes were green and not blue or brown like all the others. If you will trust me, and do what I ask, you will find out."

"Why should I?" demanded Cynth.

"Because there are questions that have been bothering you your whole life," said the voice, "Questions I can help you answer, Cynth, if you'll trust me."

Cynth bit her lip, it was true, oh so true. There were questions that she wanted, needed answered, but could she trust this - this bodiless voice to answer them?

"What do you want me to do?" she asked.

"Just take a step forward," said the voice, "Trust me, I won't let any harm come to you."

Cynth took a deep breath, and stepped forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Now that you've read my post, hast thou any opinions that thou wouldst like to share? I'd love to hear them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...