Saturday, February 24, 2018

The What if? Tag

Hi, I'm just over here, linking up for Jenelle's tag for "February is Fantasy" month.

1. Your car breaks down in the middle of nowhere. The cast of the most recent fantasy book you read comes to your assistance… who are they? Will they be helpful?
That would be the characters of Kendra Kandlestar and the Secret of Arazeen. Given that they're all wee folk, and largely unused to technology, they are probably unhelpful. I mean, Kendra's and her uncle Griffinstitch are powerful wizards, and the raccoon would have a heyday trying to mess with the machinery ... but I think they'd all do more harm than good.
2. You go to bed one evening and wake up in the lair of the villain of the last fairy tale you read, where are you and how do you plan to get out?
I am in Rapunzel's tower. And, unfortunately, as my hair is not yet even to my knees (though it is long enough to sit on), its use as a ladder is out of the question. But I find that the tower isn't as bad as I feared and has excellent wifi and free food, so I think I'm going to stay here.
3. You are transported into a fantasy realm and given a mythical creature as a companion and best friend… which mythical creature do you get?
Probably a dragon. Dragons are awesome.
4. In a strange series of coincidences, you end up needing to take the place of your favorite fantasy hero or heroine. Who are you? 
Imma gonna go with Kyrin from Ilyon. 
5. To go along with question #4, now that you are that character, is there anything you would do differently than that character, now that you are running the show?
... I really don't know. Because I like her because she's smart and makes good decisions. (Also has an awesome memory, and I'm just fascinated with memories.) I mean, the only thing I probably wouldn't do is get into a relationship with Jace, but that's because I personally don't feel that way about him. I do TOTALLY ship the two of them, though, so I wouldn't want to not have them in a relationship.
6. If you were yourself in a fantasy novel, what role do you think you would play in the story?
Probably the comic relief sidekick who keeps things from getting too solemn and dreary. 
7. One morning, as you are going about your daily business, you pick up an everyday item and a voice booms in your head with prophetic words about your future. What object is it, and what is your prophecy?
I pick up my phone to turn off my alarm for the fifteenth time that morning.
Verily and forsooth, thou shalt be late for work again. 
8. You are transported into a magical realm and turned into a mythical beast… what beast/fantasy creature do you want to be?
I'm a dragon!
9. If you could read your way into any fantasy realm, but the catch is that you can never leave, would you? Which realm would you choose?
I'd probably go to my own Rizkaland, because they know that people wander in from other worlds and they'd welcome me with open arms. It'd be awesome. 
10.  As you are going about your normal day, you discover that you have a magical power. What is it?
The power to make my imagination visual. That'd be awesome.

5 comments:

  1. I like your answers. :D And interesting choice of power . . . visible in what way? Illusion-type things? Solid, but lifeless (in that they don't react except as you mentally direct them, forms? Physical, to-all-appearances-living manifestations of your imagination that you can summon and return at will? Does making your imagination visible include the power to warp reality if you were, for example, imagining that a wizard just blasted through the nearest wall, or that the window wasn't there, or that there was a zip line from the dining hall to the building across the lake?

    . . . I might've gone a little overboard with my hypothesizing about something you meant as a relatively offhand statement. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking as in the way that the MC's foster family does it in The Ryn by Serena Chase.

      Delete
  2. Fun answers! :)

    Hehe, I chortled at you deciding to stay in the tower... peace and quiet for a writer is hard to come by, so I can relate to wanting to make that decision :)

    Making your imagination visual would be super cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dragons ARE super cool!! I can't decide if I want to have a dragon in my pocket or be one.😂 Or somehow acquire a dragons lair too because that golden hoard would be very helpful for book buying hehe. Also that would be SUCH an amazing superpower to have!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't suppose Rapunzel has enough bed sheets to make a rope that way? Which makes me wonder where she gets water for washing and drinking and even food.

    I also would pick Rizkaland. And teleportation will always be my longed for power.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Now that you've read my post, hast thou any opinions that thou wouldst like to share? I'd love to hear them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...