Monday, August 4, 2014

Party Game - Horseshoes

Via Pinterest
Today's challenge is to write haikus. I fancy myself quite good at these things (I won a contest once - got two pie irons ...)

I'm not sure what haikus have to do with horseshoes. My brain didn't give me a straight answer when I asked it.

However, your haiku can't be about just anything - it's Bookania day today! Your Haiku must be about fairy tales!

(Oh, my brain just coughed up a reason - there's a character who will appear in a later book, whose name is Haiku, and who will be cursed to speak only in that sort of poem, and who may or may not be a love interest for one of Robin and Eric's kids. And Robin likes horses, so that's where the horseshoe comes from. Anyways.)

To get you started, here's a haiku about Cinderella.

Fairy Godmother.
Girl dances until midnight.
A lost glass slipper.

You may submit as many as you'd like. The author of my favorite haiku will win a chance to read Sew, Take, and what I have written for Kingdom. And I know a few of you have already won a chance to read Kingdom ... but that was draft one. I'm offering draft two this time ... and it's changed.

1 comment:

  1. Wearing a red hood
    Should have stayed on the path
    A wolf ate grandma.

    Trapped in a tower
    Rapunzel, let down your hair
    Climb down and be free.

    I might come back with more later. I love haiku. :)

    ~Robyn

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Now that you've read my post, hast thou any opinions that thou wouldst like to share? I'd love to hear them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...