Friday, December 6, 2013

Nutcracker Advent Day 6

 I have many nutcrackers in my life, and many of them have taken quite the wear and tear, but none have taken as much as Jack here. (One of the few nutcrackers with a name - it was during my sister's Pirates of the Caribbean heyday.)

Not only has Jack survived the loss of his eye, hand, and leg, but he's missing the blade of his sword, part of his clothing (that patterned paper bit is supposed to be on both sides) and his parrot is supposed to be sitting on his hook hand, not the shoulder, where it is now precariously balanced.
Of course, having him missing his swords allows me the opportunity to put a feather in its place, and he turns into Captain Feathersword from the Wiggles (which my younger sibs are currently watching next door)

I got this nutcracker from my grandfather in exchange for doing something. I don't remember exactly what I did, but he offered as payment either a dollar or this nutcracker. The choice was obvious.

And for the person who commented on the background yesterday, yes it's in every single picture. It's actually a cape that my sister made for me (it's really warm) and since the inside of the cabinet that otherwise would have formed the background otherwise was rather messy, I put this barrier in its place.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I love this one! Reminds me of the Persuader from the film Flushed Away... At least, I think he's called the Persuader.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arrr! Now there be a Nutcracker ye don't be seein' ev'ry day--a pirate Nutcracker! Shiver me timbers an' pass the pecans! :-D

    God bless,
    ~The Pixie~
    (Who's taking over Tom's keyboard just now!)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Now that you've read my post, hast thou any opinions that thou wouldst like to share? I'd love to hear them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...